Joey's blog thing

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

and it starts once again

I just finished day 2 of year two and already there loads to do....geesh...do they not believe in easing in??? Anywho, started my module on the Alimentary system, kidney/endocrine/urinary system, nutrition and metabolism, professional development, communication skills (which by the way is as pointless as it sounds - ohh well- must have some hidden benefits that only gets revealed when you're old and wrinkly)....and many many more....

I go on my first GP visit tomorrow and I'm crazy nervous - not because I don't like GP's but mine makes me feel tiny and insignificant infront of the patient....its not fun...I'll post all the horrible details tomorrow...

on the brighter note...we're got very cool housemates this year...one of them is an incredibly CLEAN person - which is good because I absolutely hate having to clean up before studying.. anywho, chris cleaned the entire bathroom, and kitchen and living room and today he put together 3 bookshelfs from IKEA as well as my drawer cabinet....AMAZING!!!!! (I'm working on the other one...but he's a politics student and as such is very good at debating - grrrrrrrrr!!!! - thats ok though....he took me and andrea to go see GREASE so he's forgiven:)

Ohhhhh and you wont believe where I went the other day....to one of the old churches in nottingham...I was walking in the city when I decided to go into one of the cathedrals...apparently this one was built in the 11th century - it was very beautiful - I'm always amazed at how peaceful these churches are. Even though St. Peters is literally in the middle of the city, as soon as you walk in its like everything else outside disappears and its just you in Gods house, its one of the most surreal feeling I know of and I've only experienced them inside cathedrals...

I also went to nottingham museum, complete with 18th century school, caves and air raid shelter... very intriguing!!!

well thats it for now
bye bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home